Electronic privacy is a major issue. There is no doubt that every keystroke and connection on the Web can be tracked by someone, somewhere — a reality which flies against the general notion that we are each entitled to some measure of personal space. As Justice Louis Brandeis wrote, the right to be left alone is “the most comprehensive of rights and the right most valued by civilized men.”
The basic privacy policies for this site reflect a reasoned effort to balance user interests with the realities of operating an online area, and include but are not limited to the following considerations:
- You are welcome to use this site with “cookies” turned off.
- We do not collect user information entered into calculator forms.
- This site offers a large number of links. The privacy policies of linked sites may differ from our policies. Online users should ask about privacy policies for each site visited.
- The privacy policies of advertisers linked to this site may differ from my privacy policies.
- This site includes pages retained online for the private use of the owner. These pages are typically, but not always, used for research, demonstration, or have been placed online prior to public posting. These private pages are not generally searchable or linked to any public pages, and may be coded to record user information.
- If this site receives e-mail from you, such e-mail becomes our property upon receipt and we reserve the right to retain your e-mail address for use as we wish. That said, in general we will respond to e-mail as and if appropriate or, in some cases, forward such mail to someone we judge better able to provide information and assistance. While Peter G. Miller is a licensed real estate broker, he does not seek or accept referral fees from other brokers for the mere act of forwarding e-mail.
- Users should review our general notices for important information concerning the use of this site.
- As always, we reserve the right to change these policies at any time and without notice.
Privacy & Security Sites
American Civil Liberties Union
Center for Democracy and Technology
Electronic Frontier Foundation
Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC)
Mach5 Software (Computer Security Software)
People For Internet Responsibility
EPIC’s Online Guide To Privacy Resources
Pretty Good Privacy (Freeware)
The Encyclopaedia of Computer Security
Public Information Sites — Find Out What The World Knows About You
Find A Business Or Person (AnyWho)
Reverse Phone Look-Up (AnyWho)
Find A Person (U.S. Search)
Find A Person By Name (Bigfoot)
Reverse Phone Number Look-Up (Bigfoot)
Look Up An Address, (Bigfoot)